The Rise of Africa’s Digital Lions” that is jointly organized by #Alibaba Business School, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the Jack Ma Foundation at the Linder Auditorium in Johannesburg, South Africa, on 8 August 2018.
Across Africa, ecommerce platforms flanked by payments, logistics, tourism and big data partners are starting to lift national economies. This event will showcase the role that entrepreneurs, investors, the public sector and educational organizations must play in this digital transformation:
- The Creators of a New Economy: Constructing Digital Businesses
- Young African entrepreneurs will share their journeys and discuss the challenges of developing a new kind of business on the continent.
- Governments and Policymakers: Nurturing Innovation in the Digital Economy
- A panel discussion will highlight the role of the public sector in providing the right environment for innovation.
- Access to Capital: Fueling Transformation Through Investment
- An examination of how best to allocate capital in a dynamic and challenging market.
- Digital Talents: Enabling youth to Power the New Economy
- How educational institutions, incubators, training programs and other models can educate and train the new generation to achieve impact and economic success.
- The Jack Ma African Netrepreneur Prize Announcement
- The launch of the Netrepreneur Prize to support exemplary young internet leaders.
- VIP Keynote Speeches
- Special guests will share their vision for a dynamic continent where a globalized digital economy enables SMEs and young entrepreneurs.